In order for the university to realize its vision and mission, certain shared values shall be nurtured. There is great need for the University to be guided by the right values derived from the virtues and moral standards of the Uganda and wider society. The University shall be guided by the following core values:
- Freedom of thought and expression. We shall promote and defend freedom of thought and expression in academic inquiry and other activities.
- Innovativeness and creativity. Innovativeness and creativity shall be the hallmark of our activities as we initiate and adapt to change.
- Good corporate governance. We embrace and practice good corporate governance. In this regard, we shall ensure that all our processes and procedures are marked by efficiency, effectiveness and transparency; we are accountable for our decisions and actions; our decision-making processes are participative and consultative; and our decisions and actions reflect meritocracy and are open and transparent;
- Team spirit and teamwork. We shall foster a work environment characterized by team spirit and teamwork.
- Professionalism. In all our actions and interactions, we shall maintain ethical behaviors, professional etiquette and honesty.
- Quality customer service. We shall provide quality services to our clients.
- Responsible corporate citizenship and strong social responsibility. We shall nurture responsible corporate citizenship and strong social responsibility.
- Respect for and conservation of the environment. In all our activities, we shall strive to respect and protect the environment.