This is a two year programme that aims to equip PE and Sport teachers, Sport Scientists and sports administrators and coaches/ fitness instructors with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes for effective work as sports teachers and leaders in schools, universities, ministries, sport associations and organizations in the private sector. The attained skills allow high quality performance.
Minimum Entry requirements: Second-class degree in Physical Education / Sport, Teaching experience in PE/Sport. Candidates are admitted on private sponsorship. Assessment is by Course work and dissertation.
Aims and Key Benefits
- Empowers our students for effective work relevant institutions and organizations such as schools, universities, ministries, sport associations and organizations in the private sector.
- Equips students with the skills required to provide professional leadership in teaching careers, sport science research and administration in sports.
- Enable learners to train and further their education and qualifications in sport science.
- Equip learners and improve their professional competence to teach, coach and work in sport management and counseling at a higher level.
- Equip learners with additional leadership and professional proficiency to improve their job performance.
- Offer learners a ladder for progression to postgraduate studies in sport science.
- Open learners up to regional and international exposure, scholarship and career opportunities in sport sciences.
Summary of Courses offered
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Theory & Practice of Sport Sciences
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Organization & Administration of PE/Sport
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Methods of Instruction in PE/Sport
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Applied Computer Science
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Advanced Study Skills & Communication
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Supervision of Instruction of PE/Sport
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Curriculum Development in PE/Sport
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Safety & Injuries in Sport
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Methods in Sport Research
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Sport Statistics
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Sports Management
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Physical Education
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Exercise Science & Coaching
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Sport & Health
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Sport Sociology
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Sport Law
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Sport Psychology
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Sport Journalism
NB. The curriculum is currently under review.
ΓΆβ‚¬ΒΆ Research Proposal