CLEAR VISION, MISSION OBJECTIVES AND CORE VALUES
The Finance Department reports directly to the office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor ( F & A) for operation purpose but accountable to the University Secretary on financial matters as the University Accounting Officer.
The Department is headed by a University Bursar and is primarily responsible for strategic financial planning and budgeting of the Universityâ€™s financial activities and management of financial resources including monitoring the utilization of funds.
ROLES OF THE UNIVERSITY BURSAR
The Bursar is a member of the University Top Management responsible for:
Strategic Financial Planning and Budgeting for Universityâ€™s Capital and Recurrent Expenditure
- Ensuring effective Financial Management and Resource Utilization.
- Ensuring timely preparation and production of periodical Financial Statements and Final Accounts.
- Advising management effective/efficient financial management systems.
- Advising Universality Management on Revenue Services and other financial matters.
SPECIFIC SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE OFFICE OF THE BURSAR
- Financial Planning and Budgeting.
- Financial Management of all Revenue and Expenditure.Monitoring of Pay roll and Payment of Salaries and Wages.
- Maintenance of Assets Register.
- Maintenance of up to date register of Creditors and Debtors.
- Preparation of financial statements and preparation of final accounts.
SECTIONS WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT
In order to effectively contribute towards the Universityâ€™s achievement of its Vision, Goals and Mission, the Departments has been divided into five sections headed by Senior Assistant Bursars who report to Deputy Bursars.
- Projects: Sections for Donor and Project Accounts.
- Accounts: Budgeting and monitoring â€“ for Accounting Bookkeeping and Monitoring.
- Salaries and Wages: Payments of Salaries and Wages.
- Income Generating Units for Collection, retirements benefits of Non tax relevant from private students.
- Stores: Custody and University properly.