DEVELOPING THE TRAINING FRAMEWORK FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT (ECD)
External funder: UNICEF
Commencement date: 2006
Duration of the project: The project is in phases.
Phase 1 Development of the training framework was started in March 2006 and ended in December 2006.
Phase II Pre-testing, Monitoring and Refining of the training framework started in July 2007 and is still on-going.
Phase III Developing of trainersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ guides.
Termination date: After completion of activities
Project coordinator at KYU: Faculty of Education
1. Development of ECD training framework.
2. Development of ECD syllabi for training of different categories of caregivers following the training framework.
3. Development of ECD training guides.
4. Dissemination of ECD training materials e.g. training framework, syllabi and guides.
5. Monitoring the use of ECD training materials.
Activities carried out
1. Conducted planning workshops.
2. Held consultative workshops with ECD stakeholders to collect ideas for framework.
3. Held writers workshops to develop draft framework.
4. Refined draft framework.
5. Disseminated draft framework.
6. Monitored use of draft framework.
1. The training framework was developed and completed
2. The syllabi have been developed but not completed
3. All the participants were competent enough to do the work and they turned up
1. Training to trainers in the use of the syllabus and Framework
2. Monitoring the training that will be conducted by TOTs at district levels
3. Developing materials to go with the syllabi
4. Launch of the training framework