SUPPORT FOR INSTITUTIONAL CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
IN PUBLIC PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT IN UGANDA
NPT PROJECT UGA-040
External Funder: NUFFIC (Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education) on behalf of the Dutch Government.
Commencement date: August 2004
Duration of the project: 4 years with a possibility of a one year extension
Termination date: 1 September 2009
Project coordinator at KYU: Faculty of Vocational Studies
1. To enhance academic staff quality and competence in procurement.
2. To give support to research programmes in procurement trends in Uganda.
3. To enhance quality and relevance of academic procurement programmes and curricula
4. To enhance and to strengthen external cooperation with other institutions and organizations.
Activities to be carried out
1. Staff Development and Training.
2. Research and Documentation.
3. Curriculum Review, Curriculum Design and Course Development.
4. Institutional Strengthening and Cooperation.
1. Staff quality and competence in procurement enhanced.
2. Research undertaken in procurement trends in Uganda.
3. Quality and relevance of training programmes enhanced.
4. Internal and external cooperation strengthened.
5. Establishment of a project management Team.
6. A computer laboratory with two floors under construction at Kyambogo University.
1. A research undertaking in procurement trends in Uganda is still ongoing.
2. Joint development of course materials for KYU, MSC and MBA in procurement.
3. Implementation of developed KYU programs.
4. Website design www.procurement.ug and development.