Programmes in Food Technology Department
The department currently has the following programs:
PhD in Food Technology
|Master in Food Technology||2 years|
|Bachelor of Food Processing Technology||4 years|
|Diploma in Food Processing Technology||2 years|
|Certificate in Food Processing Technology||1 year|
Master in Public Health Nutrition
|Post Graduate Diploma in Beverage Technology||1 year|
Certificate in Food Inspection and Safety
|Juice processing||2 weeks|
|Wine processing||1 month|
- Fatty acids characterization and determination of antioxidant vitamins in fish oils from tropical freshwaters.
- Pesticide particularly, chlorinated and chlorophosphorus residues, in fish oils from tropical freshwaters
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and antioxidant vitamin sources in Uganda for nutraceuticals; Exploring insects, plants and animal sources
- Enzymatic processing of banana wine and juice
- Pilot packaging of fresh vacuum sealed matooke (FREVASEMA) from Uganda for exports to overseas markets
- Characterization of lactic acid bacteria and listeria species in traditionally fermented milks produced in Uganda
- Developing an emergency food ration from locally available foods in response to disaster preparedness.
- Assessment of microbiological and nutritional quality, and shelf life of unpasteurized juices.
- Rum production from fermented molasses