Message from the Dean
It is of utmost pleasure that I invite you to spare a moment of your precious time to visit the Faculty space on the university website. The Faculty of Vocational Studies is one of the unique Faculties in Kyambogo University because it offers both skills and knowledge in line with the national aspirations enshrined in the Business, Technical, Vocational Education Training (BTVET) and the Universities and other Tertiary Institutions (UOITA) Acts. Accordingly, the Faculty strives to contribute to human capital development through a range of programmes leading to the awards of Diplomas, Bachelors, Postgraduate degrees including masters, postgraduate diplomas and PhDs.
Additionally, a number of short courses were developed to contribute to skilling Uganda by providing employable skills to unemployed graduates and those without qualifications. Ultimately, in the final analysis, the Faculty offers the skills required for personal growth, the world of work and other stakeholders through awards geared to job creation as well as knowledge generation and dissemination through research and innovations. As the name implies, the Faculty emphasises what you can do with your hands to earn a living as well as the “brains” to generate solutions to the societal problems through research and innovations.
The Faculty is structured into three departments namely Agriculture, Art and Industrial Design, and Human Nutrition and Home Economics each headed by competent Heads of Departments. Therefore, over the years the students’ population has continued to increase reflecting the relevance of the Faculty to national development aspirations as envisioned by the national development plan (NDP II) and Vision 2040 as well as the regional and global frameworks including African Union Agenda 2063, STISA 2024 and sustainable development goals (SDG).
We, therefore, encourage you to continuously visit our web page to acquaint yourself with the latest development in the Faculty or contact us directly through the following contacts: Telephone +256414286242 or Email: email@example.com during working hours or just pop in person to the relevant departments for more information.
- Master of Science in Crop Science (2 years)
- Master of Science in Animal Production (2 years)
- Master of Science in Agricultural Extension and Education (2 years)
- Master of Science in Soil Science (2 years)
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition (2 years)
- Master of Art and Industrial Design (2 years)
- Master of Vocational Pedagogy (2 years)
- Post Graduate Diploma in vocational Pedagogy (1 year)
- Bachelor of Art and Industrial Design (3 years)
- Bachelor of Interior and Landscape Design (3 years)
- Bachelor of Computer Graphic Design (3 years)
- Bachelor of Textiles and Apparel Design (3 years)
- Bachelor of Human Nutrition and Dietetics 4
- Bachelor of Hotel and Institutional Catering (3 years)
- Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Agriculture with Education (3 years)
- Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Art and Design with Education (3 years)
- Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Home Economics with Education (3 years)
- Diploma in Interior Design (2 years)
- Diploma in Textiles and Fabric Decoration (2 years)
- Diploma in Fashion and Apparel Design (2 years)
- Diploma in Hotel and Institutional Catering (2 years)
- Diploma in Ceramics (2 years)