The School of Management and Entrepreneurship (hereafter referred to as The School) started in 2009 after being upgraded from the Department of Business Studies which hitherto was under the Faculty of Vocational Studies. The Department of Business Studies started in 1975 under the former National Teachers College, Kyambogo with a mandate to train business teachers for secondary schools.
The School has so far trained a number of students in management, business studies, accounting, finance, administrative and secretarial science, procurement and logistics. Many of these graduates are holding very important positions both in the public and private sectors in this country and beyond.
The School is proud to be one of the leading management schools in Uganda. Its special focus on entrepreneurship makes it a unique school in which its graduates are empowered with skills and knowledge to be innovative. They are able to scan the environment for business opportunities. Equipped with business planning skills, our graduates are able to convert opportunities into viable business ventures.
The following are the major achievements during 2011-2015:
- The school finalised the setting up of a state-of-the-art computing facility with a total of 144 workstations. This facility is based on the latest N-Computing technology where 1 computer serves 15 workstations (with maximum computing capacity of 60 workstations). This computing facility is so far the largest in the University.
- Set up of a Conference Hall Facility with sitting capacity up to 150. It is envisaged that most of the workshops and conferences which have hitherto been organised off-campus will use this on-campus facility.
- Equipped School Graduate Resource Centre with furniture and equipment to facilitate graduate learning and research for graduate students in the School.
- Many of the staff continues to publish their researches in refereed journals.
Dr Stephen Kasumba
Dean, School of Management & Management
THE SCHOOL HAS THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS;
- Department of Accounting and Finance
- Department of Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Department of Management Science
- Department of Procurement and Marketing
The above programmes are taught by highly skilled lecturers, with a good number of them holding PhDs and many are on course of acquiring them.
The School has a population of about 4,500 students, with the staff of 90 staff members, including support staff.
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Organisation and Public Policy Management
- Master of Science in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor of Administrative and Secretarial Science
- Bachelor of Business Studies
- Bachelor of Business Studies with Education
- Bachelor of Management Science
- Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management
- Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics