Call for Abstracts:
Kyambogo University together with its partners in the leather sector will host an international conference on leather sector development. The purpose of the conference is to promote the interaction between academia, industry and government in the promotion of the leather sector in Africa. The specific objectives are:
- To promote interactions between the academia, industry and government in increasing awareness of inclusive growth, sustainability and resource efficiency in the leather value chain.
- To share knowledge, opportunities and challenges about the leather sector in Africa.
- To discuss existing policies, strategies and programs promoting leather sector development at national, regional and international levels
- To showcase appropriate technologies and innovations in leather processing and leather products.
Date: Wednesday 7th August to Friday 9th August 2019
Venue: Kyambogo University, Kampala-Uganda
The conference is organized under Four (4) sub-themes. The key areas where presentations are invited are highlighted under each sub-theme.
1.Role of academia, industry and government in advancing a sustainable leather sector
- Curriculum development and promotion of research in leather science
- Appropriate technology for leather production
- Government policies to support leather production
- Sustainable financing for leather education
- Job opportunities in the leather industry
2. Advances in leather science, technology and innovation
- Leather science
- Technologies and innovations for sustainable leather development
- Farming practices for improved productivity of leather
- Value addition on leather value chain
- Environmental degradation emanating from the leather industry
- Challenges facing the leather sector
3. Existing policies and policy frameworks in support of the leather sector
- Raw material production and leather handling
- Strengthening marketing systems for leather and leather products.
- Environmental issues in relation to the leather industry
- Health and safety practices in the leather industry
4. Youth and gender empowerment in leather sector development
- Involvement of youth entrepreneurs in the leather industry
- Women contribution and integration in the leather sector
- Contribution of persons with special needs in the leather sector
Instructions to authors:
Please prepare an abstract for oral and/or poster presentation according to the following guidelines
- Submit soft copies of abstracts in MS Word for both papers and posters
- The title should be in Times New Roman, Bold, with a font size of 12
- The abstract should be ONE flowing paragraph in Times New Roman, 12 Pts, single spacing comprising of an introduction with a clear justification; objectives; a brief methodology; key results and a conclusion.
- The Author(s) Surname and initials in Times New Roman, font size 12. Underline presenter’s name.
- Address (es): Times New Roman, Font size 10, italics, no abbreviation. For multi-authorship, indicate the address of each co-author numerically in superscript.
- Provide e-mail address and Tel. No. of corresponding author
- The number of words should not exceed 300 (this excludes the title, authors and their addresses).
- Indicate the conference sub-theme where the abstract falls.
- Indicate whether the abstract is for oral or poster presentation
- Poster: Posters must be on A1 size (594 x 841 mm or 23.4 x 33.1 inches)
Submit the abstract to email@example.com
- Dead line for submission of abstracts: 30th June 2019
- Notification of abstract acceptance 15th July 2019
- Deadline for submission of full papers 30th July 2019
- Deadline for submission of power point 1st August 2019