Office of the General Secretary,Convocation
Date: 14th March 2018
Kyambogo University Convocation started in 2003 when Kyambogo University was established by The Universities and other Tertiary Institutions Act Instrument, 2003 as Amended. The Convocation comprises of the Alumni and the Staff of Kyambogo University as well as the affiliated institutions.It was officially established on 13th December 2003 when the first General Assembly was held.
To achieve its mission and strategic goals, Kyambogo University Convocation seeks to fill the position of Executive Secretary.
Job Title: Executive Secretary.
Responsible to: Chairperson Convocation.
Terms of employment: Contractual Appointment for two (2) years Renewable upon Satisfactory Performance.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for general office administration and management of day to day activities of the convocation.
- Responsible for office administration and management.
- Receive and disseminate correspondences, mails and other information for the Convocation office.
- Draft appropriate correspondences and submit them to the responsible authorities for authentication and ensure their timely dispatch.
- Provides support in arranging meetings that directly fall under the ambit of the Convocation office
- Responsible for booking both local and international travel, confirming flight and hotel reservations.
- Attend to all visitors by ascertaining the nature of business and directing them to appropriate office(s).
- Oversee the maintenance, storage, security and retrieval of files and other documents.
- Schedule appointments and screen requests for meetings, synchronize and update the diary.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to correspondences and queries to be answered by the Executive.
- Attend to telephone inquiries, place outgoing mails and handle both incoming and outgoing faxes, emails and downloads.
- Requisition, manage and account for office equipment, materials and imprest in accordance with the procurement and financial policies.
- Record and process minutes of the convocation.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Committee.
- Must be an Alumni of Kyambogo University
- Should have a minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Secretarial Studies, Management Science and other related fields.
- One year’s relevant working experience.
- Should be below 35 years.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with the following:
(a) A detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
(b) Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates.
(c) Copy of the National Identity Card or a passport.
- Applications should be addressed to:
The General Secretary,
Kyambogo University Convocation
P.O Box 1
- Sealed application should be HAND DELIVERED tothe address below not later than Wednesday, 28th March 2018, 5:00 pm.
Directorate of Human Resources
Second Floor, Main Administration Block
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews
- Applicants who shall not hear from us on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves as unsuccessful.
Dr. Peter Okello
KYAMBOGO UNIVERSITY CONVOCATION