MUSIC EDUCATION CONFERENCE:
The Department of Performing Arts, Kyambogo University, Uganda in cooperation with the Faculty of Education and International Studies, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, Norway are organizing a Music Education Conference on 6th & 7th April, 2016. Scholars, researchers and music educators are invited to present research papers, demonstrations and workshops.
Aim of the conference
Music educators find themselves faced with challenges some of which arise from gaps between their teacher education experiences and teaching practices in the field of work. Therefore the aim of this conference is to investigate and discuss the relationships between music teacher education and music education practices in institutions of higher learning, schools and kindergartens, in order to search for ways of strengthening music education.
REFLECTIVE MUSIC EDUCATION: THEORY, PRACTICE, INNOVATION
- Music education practices in schools and or kindergartens: insights from experience
- Music teacher education: perceptions, reflection and critique
- Music teacher competence: the role of formal and non-formal actors in music education
- Perspectives on community music and music education
- Technology in music education: constraints and opportunities
- Foundations of music education and modern practice
- The concepts of music and music education: philosophical perspectives
Abstract Submission guidelines
- Proposals may be sent as attachments in word 2003 format; to make it possible for any computer to open them.
- Paper presentations will last up to 20 minutes followed by 5 minutes of discussion.
- Workshops / Demonstrations will last up to 25 minutes followed by 5 minutes of discussion.
- It will be helpful to include information on any audio / audio-visual equipment that the presentation will require.
- Also indicate the sub-theme(s) which the paper intends to cover
- We will give responses to the proposals after two weeks from the date of submission. Acceptance letters will be sent by Jon Helge Saetre and the local arrangements team at Kyambogo University will provide details of available facilities; like accommodation, conference venues and other useful information.
Abstract submission deadline: 30th January 2016
Hotel Africana, a few meters
from Kampala-room $ 150
Rider Hotel about 15 kms from Kyambogo University- Room $ 71-105
Jokas Hotel about 5 kms from Kyambogo University- room $ 41 .