CLEAR VISION, MISSION OBJECTIVES AND CORE VALUES
The Finance Department reports directly to the office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor ( F & A) for operation purpose but accountable to the University Secretary on financial matters as the University Accounting Officer.
The Department is headed by a University Bursar and is primarily responsible for strategic financial planning and budgeting of the University's financial activities and management of financial resources including monitoring the utilization of funds.
ROLES OF THE UNIVERSITY BURSAR
The Bursar is a member of the University Top Management responsible for:
Strategic Financial Planning and Budgeting for University's Capital and Recurrent Expenditure
- Ensuring effective Financial Management and Resource Utilization.
- Ensuring timely preparation and production of periodical Financial Statements and Final Accounts.
- Advising management effective/efficient financial management systems.
- Advising Universality Management on Revenue Services and other financial matters.
SPECIFIC SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE OFFICE OF THE BURSAR
- Financial Planning and Budgeting.
- Financial Management of all Revenue and Expenditure.Monitoring of Pay roll and Payment of Salaries and Wages.
- Maintenance of Assets Register.
- Maintenance of up to date register of Creditors and Debtors.
- Preparation of financial statements and preparation of final accounts.
SECTIONS WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT
In order to effectively contribute towards the University's achievement of its Vision, Goals and Mission, the Departments has been divided into five sections headed by Senior Assistant Bursars who report to Deputy Bursars.
- Projects: Sections for Donor and Project Accounts.
- Accounts: Budgeting and monitoring for Accounting Bookkeeping and Monitoring.
- Salaries and Wages: Payments of Salaries and Wages.
- Income Generating Units for Collection, retirements benefits of Non tax relevant from private students.
- Stores: Custody and University properly.