OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF STUDENTS
The Dean of Students├óÔé¼Ôäó department at Kyambogo University like in other Universities, is a welfare department charged with the responsibility of ensuring provision of welfare services to students and maintenance of discipline among students in accordance with the University rules and regulations.
The main functions of the department include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that all Halls of residence at the University and/or affiliated hostels are well maintained and managed.
- Developing appropriate strategies for minimizing and managing students conflicts and unrest.
- Ensuring that the cafeterias are efficiently managed in the University.
- Ensuring that the security of students is catered for and all cases of insecurity are reported and handled accordingly.
- Ensuring that students leadership is run in accordance with the University policy and regulations.
- Establishing and monitoring channels of communication with regard to students welfare with the view of giving the students the necessary advise.
- Planning and directing matters related to the operations of the Students Guild (Students Union) and other appropriate advice and guidance.
- Directing all matters relating to students health in liaison with the Medical officer in charge.
- Ensuring, with the help of Guidance and Counseling Centres, that students get appropriate counseling services.
- Ensuring that all sports and recreation activities are well organized.
- Providing the necessary sports and recreational facilities to promote sports in the University.
- Advising, in liaison with the University Chaplains and Imam all policies related to the organization of places of worship.
- Any other functions as and when directed by Management or the University Council.