ADVERTISEMENT FOR SENIOR AND CRITICAL TEACHING POSITIONS (Old/past)
Posted on 21 December 2019
Kyambogo University is a public university, established by Statutory Instrument No. 37 of 2003 following the merger of the former Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo (ITEK), Uganda Polytechnic Kyambogo (UPK), and Uganda National Institute for Special Education (UNISE).
To achieve its mission and strategic goals, Kyambogo University seeks to continuously fill the following senior and critical teaching positions in Faculties of Science, Engineering, Special Needs and Rehabilitation, Education, and Vocational Studies on permanent terms: please visit www.kyu.ac.ug/jobs to download the job advert.
Please note the following:
- Interested applicants are advised to pay close attention to the job requirements before tendering in their application.
- Applicants who meet the job specifications will be interviewed to assess their suitability for appointment.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for a position applied for but are eligible for a lower position may be advised accordingly.
- This is an open advertisement which has no closing date. However, where a position is filled, an update will be posted on the website.
- An interested person may wish to submit his/her curriculum vitae for review on whether he or she meets the job requirements the position of interest.
INTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (OUTDATED)
Posted on 12th October 2019
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Education and Sports, with support from African Development Bank is implementing the Higher Education, Science and Technology (HEST V) Project, which aims at supporting Kyambogo University to improve the quality and relevance of higher education in order to stimulate economic growth and development. Kyambogo University has distinguished itself as a pioneer institution in the country to establish a Bakery and Confectionery Business Incubation Centre.
Our aim is to promote business start-ups in Baking and Confectionery within the University Community and the region in order to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide unique quality Bakery and Confectionery products to the university and surrounding communities.
- To stimulate business startups.
- To stimulate staff & student learning & innovation and provide apprenticeship opportunities for the student community.
- To provide a platform for translating University research into practical business solutions.
- To provide a source of revenue for the University.
To achieve these goals, the Business Incubation Center seeks to fill the following positions on 6-months renewable contract terms.
Please submit your application together with copies of your academic documents and a curriculum vitae to the Incubation Center Office located next the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Science (West-end) not later than Thursday 17th October 2019 5:00 pm.
Electrical-Mechanical Senior Technician
Food Technology Senior Technician
Only successful applicants will be notified.
This Advertisement is also available on the University Website, https://kyu.ac.ug/jobs/
For further information and assistance, please contact
Dr. Ediriisa Mugampoza, +256-781-713 555 or +256-0705-345 507
Past Advert September
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
19th August 2019
Kyambogo University is a public University, established in 2003 following the merger of the former Institute of Teacher Education Kyambogo (ITEK), Uganda Polytechnic Kyambogo (UPK), and Uganda National Institute for Special Education (UNISE). The University campus is located on Kyambogo Hill in the capital city, Kampala. It is the second-largest university in Uganda with more than 30,000 students on-campus.
Kyambogo University is a unique institution which has adopted an integrated approach to education, focusing on vocationalising at all levels. The University has embraced the fields of science and technology, teacher education, special needs education, humanities, business management and entrepreneurship.
To achieve its mission and strategic goals, Kyambogo University seeks to fill the following positions on permanent terms: please visit www.kyu.ac.ug/jobs to download the complete and detailed job advert.
- NON TEACHING VACANCIES ( 8 POSITIONS)
- TEACHING VACANCIES (31 POSITIONS)