The Mandate of the graduate school shall include to:
- Coordinate, regulate and administering all matters related to graduate training and research in the University;
- Initiate, nurture and advocate for research and innovation, and report on internal external research activities including publications and funding opportunities;
- Provide a central channel of communication from and to graduate students and their supervisors;
- Develop, review and streamline policies, regulations, procedures and best practices of graduate training and research in Kyambogo University;
- Liaise with the communities, partners and institutions locally and internationally to support research and community outreach.
- Coordinate workshops and seminar to enable staff and students acquire additional skills, relevant in this era of knowledge economy.
- Coordinate and Manage Research and Publications at Kyambogo University;
- Developing and implementing the graduate research agenda
All programmes run by Kyambogo University Graduate School shall be governed by the general Kyambogo University regulations. Special Faculty/School and programme regulation shall apply to individual Faculties/Schools and programmes.