Faculty of Science has worked for the advancement of learning, and to produce graduates who can transform both government and private sectors through training of a skilled based labor force, well equipped with relevant information, knowledge and skills for service. This remains our mission today and will give focus to all our efforts in the coming years as we strive to achieve our ambitions and aspirations, tackle the grand challenges of transforming this country in to middle income economy.
Over the next decade, we will build on our recognized strengths in training, coupled with increased collaborative research in the fields of Science and Technology.The Faculty will continue to develop a high-quality environment in which to educate quality graduates who can help transform Uganda. We will integrate research and teaching to ensure that we derive the maximum benefit from our training environment.
The faculty is an inclusive institution, committed to the provision of opportunity for all, and dedicated to a sustainable development and just society. We will be guided by strong ethical principles and ensure that our values are embedded in our plans and actions.
Values and Ethics
Faculty of Science shall be guided by core values that include:
- Freedom of thought and expression: The faculty shall promote and defend freedom of thought and expression in academic inquiry and other activities.
- Innovativeness and creativity: Innovativeness and creativity shall be the hallmark of our activities as we initiate and adapt to change.
- Good governance: We embrace and practice good governance. In this regard, we shall ensure that all our processes and procedures are marked by efficiency, effectiveness and transparency; we are accountable for our decisions and actions; our decision-making processes are participative and consultative; and our decisions and actions reflect meritocracy and are open and transparent.
- Team spirit and teamwork: We shall foster a work environment characterized by team spirit and teamwork.
- Professionalism: In all our actions and interactions, we shall maintain ethical behaviors, professional etiquette and honesty.
- Quality customer service: The faculty shall provide quality services to our students and the general public.
- Responsible corporate citizenship and strong social responsibility. We shall nurture responsible citizenship and strong social responsibility.
- Respect for and conservation of the environment. In all our activities, we shall strive to respect and protect the environment.