Faculty Research Agenda
The Faculty majorly conducts research in five broad areas:
- Teacher Training (Curriculum Reform and Implementation)
- Leadership, Competence, Management and
- E-learning and ICT in Teaching and Learning
- Quality, Professionalism, and Ethics in Teaching
and Teacher Training
- Peace Building and Conflict Resolution
The Faculty together with South Eastern Regional College (SERC) in Northern Ireland, are implementing the International Credit Mobility Project under Erasmus+ funding. The project aims at facilitating staff mobility and Capacity building training.
Two training sessions have already been conducted; one in SERC, Ireland (February 2018) and the other in Kyambogo University (August 2018). Four Faculty staff are due to visit SERC in March 2019 as part of the South-North Mobility. The project ended in June 2019.
- From November 2015 – August 2017, the Faculty successfully implemented the first project supported by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL).Integration of ICT in Teaching and Learning”
- From January – May 2017, the Faculty successfully implemented the second project supported by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL). This second project focused on “Online Facilitation and Online Assessment in Teacher Education Programmes”.
The above two COL supported projects facilitated the development and design of curriculum online curriculum for B. ED Professional Courses. Through these projects, the Faculty has built capacity in online instructional design and course delivery.