The major achievements registered since the establishment of the Directorate include;
- Provided guidance to revamping of major water and sanitary systems of Kyambogo University by replacing the old metallic pipes constructed in the 1940s with new plastic pipes to increase the functionality of water and sanitation. This has contributed greatly to reducing operation and maintenance costs as well as health risks, especially of staff and students.
- Kyambogo University commemorated its First International Women’s Day on April, 05th, 2019. The function was held at its campus and graced by various dignitaries including Lady Justice of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Uganda Professor. Lillian Tibatemwa Ekirikubinza.
- Institutionalization of Gender and Equity Planning and Budgeting in Kyambogo University core functions to generate gender-responsive work plans and budgets. The Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development in collaboration with the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) ranked Kyambogo University the most Gender and Equity Responsive University with a rating of 79.30%. Nationally, Kyambogo University was in the fourth position out of 147 Ministries, Departments and Agencies that constitute the 18 Sectors in the Ministerial Policy Statement for the FY 2019/2020.
- Identification of a ‘Mothers Space’ in July 2018 within the campus for pregnant Teaching Academic Staff and Female Students to be used as a resting space who have long waiting hour differences in between teaching and learning periods. It is intended to create a friendly teaching and learning environment for both staff and students.
- Generated a Technical Paper for the Establishment of Gender Mainstreaming Structures at Kyambogo University
- Established various Collaborations and Partnerships, nationally and internationally.