The Directorate is currently coordinating;
- The implementation of the Staff Medical Insurance Scheme following a University Council Policy on Staff Medical Insurance.
- The Performance Contracts for Members of Senior Management. The Vice-Chancellor, Deputy Vice-Chancellors have already signed the Performance Contracts and Agreements as provided for in Regulation 15.7. The rest of the Senior Managers will sign by the end of April.
- The process of reviewing the Human Resource Manual, 2014 (as amended).
- The process of Training Needs Assessment to inform the Staff Training and Development.
The Directorate plans to;
- Conduct outreaches to Department and Faculties / Schools on Human Resources Management function.
- Conduct a Human Resource Audit next Financial Year 2019/2020.
- Revamp the manual records and information management in the University
- Develop a DHR Brochure
- Complete the drafting of the Workplace Sexual Harassment policy/guidelines.
- Develop a Rewards and Sanctions framework.
- Introduce an online Recruitment and Selection of Human Resources in the medium term.